- This event has passed.
Bucket Brigade Community Resilience Presentation
May 8, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Montecito Library, 1469 East Valley Road
What does community resilience mean in a changed environment?
Please join Santa Barbara Bucket Brigade Executive Director Abe Powell for an update on the nonprofit’s ongoing relief, recovery, and emergency preparedness work in our community. Topics will include:
Grassroots disaster preparedness at the neighborhood level:
- How to build a strong foundation for neighborhood resilience
- Prevention – Preparedness – Response – Recovery
- Fortune favors the prepared — Having a strong local “ground game” is the single-most important determining factor in disaster response, relief, and recovery outcomes
Insurance preparedness for homeowners and renters:
- Why insurance is a key part of any neighborhood resilience program
- How to make neighborhoods more insurable
- Neighborhood preparedness and property value
Long-term recovery goals and community participation:
- Rebuilding for community preparedness
- Public open space and park restoration
- Pedestrian pathways and trail restoration to build community interconnectedness and economic recovery.
Q&A and discussion to follow.